Tourism Minister Edmund Bartlett as said his ministry is monitoring the situation at the Bahia Principe Hotel in Runaway Bay, St. Ann where two children have drowned in the last three weeks.
Mr. Bartlett, who was speaking on Friday, said representatives of the ministry arrived quickly at the scene of the incidents and have been “working closely with the families.”
He said he is saddened by the incidents.
“I want to express our condolences to the parents in particular and to indicate that as usual, we are ready to work with them to ensure a smooth arrangement in so far as transportation and movement of the body is concerned, in both cases,” he announced.
The minister also urged stakeholders to improve their safety and security to ensure there is no recurrence of such incidents.
On Thursday, a child, identified as four year-old Amir Hall, of New York in the US, drowned in a pool at the hotel.
The incident occurred shortly after 3 p.m.
Reports are that Amir was with two other children playing in a pool when he attempted to swim to his mother.
He was later seen floating and unresponsive.
Another child, eight year-old Antoine Bookard, of a Philadelphia address in the US, died while playing with his family in a pool at the hotel on June 16.