This woman is living dangerously

Dear Pastor,

God bless you. Please keep up the good work. I was upset when I read your column in March where a woman was looking for someone to work on her property and who would be treated as part of her family.

Well, pastor, no one in Jamaica should be a part of the family of anyone who lives abroad. The people here in Jamaica are thieves, liars and killers. She has to be careful who she employs.

I am not living too far from where she has her villa in Montego Bay. It is a big and beautiful place. Yes, she has a restaurant and bar. I know this woman.

I have stopped by there about three times. I saw her in the yard working with my two eyes. She was using a ground fork, planting trees, using a shovel and spreading soil.

This is someone who lives abroad and has money. People are here in Jamaica and don’t want to touch the soil. She has workmen, but she is still helping those lazy men, and they are still collecting their pay.

I pass her place every day. She is a warm and kind person. A friend of mine told me that she is a doctor. I even told her that she has to be careful of these people.

But, it seems to me that she has no fear. She says that God is with her. Some of these people are dishonest. I know the worst one well.

He has had run-ins with the law. I was so shocked when I saw him over there and driving her vehicle.

I have heard people say that they are sorry for her because everyone robs her and then leaves.


Dear M.,

You talk as if nobody in this country is honest. I believe that there are many honest people in this country, and this woman who is willing to have someone live at her place as a part of her family will eventually get someone who is upright and trustworthy.

It may take a long time, but the good Lord will answer her prayers and take to her someone she can trust.

You will observe that I have deleted some of the things that you have said. I do not believe that you should accuse folks of any crime.

If you know of someone who might have committed a criminal act, you should report the matter to the police.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Back to top