Hotel rubbishes Popcaan’s claims
After being blasted on social media by Popcaan, Montego Bay’s Half Moon hotel has responded to the deejay’s claims, pointing out that he came to the resort with an entourage of approximately 40 persons, and they were demanding to stay in a seven-bedroom villa that was built to accommodate no more than 16 people.
On the weekend, Popcaan posted a video on his Instagram page, cursing the hotel for denying him access to the property although he had already paid for a villa.
“Half Moon unuh collect mi money off mi US card fi book villa. Now, mi book villa and pull up a di villa and unuh a tell people seh nuh let in Popcaan and unuh know Popcaan. Mi nuh haffi fahwud ova unuh villa, unuh stinking villa, because it not even clean. A ole house dem deh unuh have,” the irate deejay said.
Responding to accusations the artiste made in the video, a spokesperson at the resort said that Popcaan became upset and stormed out of the property because he was asked to find additional accommodation for the rest of the group he arrived with at the resort with on Saturday afternoon.
“We suggested that he book another villa to accommodate the additional persons, but they all opted to check out,” the representative said.
She also said that there are policies and procedures as it relates to reservations that they must adhere to.
In addition, the hotel says that Popcaan has stayed there in the past.
It is not clear whether he had a problem on that occasion.